Here are some of PCCC’s current material needs:
- Garden shed to conveniently store tools on site (est value: $2,500)
- Umbrellas for burials in the rain (est value: $100.00)
- Multi-passenger electric tram-style golf cart (est value: $7,500)
- Touch screen map and information modules for our kiosks (est value: $15,000)
- Bear-proof trash cans (est value: $200 ea)
- Distance maps for each of the three PCCC trails (est value: $200 ea)
- Educational trail signage for plants, trees, animals, and other features of the PCCC ecosystem (est value: $450)
- Volunteers are always needed! Please visit our Volunteer Page for more information.
The mission of Conservation Burial Inc. (CBI) is to promote natural burial practices in cemeteries that conserve land and reunite people with the environment. CBI oversees Prairie Creek Conservation Cemetery in agreement with Alachua Conservation Trust (ACT). CBI is a community not-for-profit cemetery organization as defined by Section 501(c)(13) of the Internal Revenue Code. CBI subscribes to the Standards and Practices of the Green Burial Council, available at greenburialcouncil.org. CBI does not provide tax advice, and no goods or services were provided in return for this contribution. Donor’s name may appear in CBI’s annual report, Form 990 to the IRS, copies of which are available at www.GuideStar.org. CBI does not share our contact information, except to land conservation and historic preservation efforts in Alachua County that are affiliated with ACT. Conservation Burial Inc.’s Charitable Solicitation Number is CH38574. A copy of the official registration and financial information may be obtained from the Florida Division of Consumer Services by calling toll-free (800) 435-7352 within the State, or visiting the website www.800helpfla.com. Registration does not imply endorsement, approval, or recommendation by the State.